Join our team.
by Humankind is a personal care brand dedicated to reducing our dependence on single-use plastic, without sacrificing quality or convenience. We're starting with your morning routine, offering an assortment of products made with kind ingredients, in packaging that reduces your single-use plastic waste by 90% or more.
Great personal care shouldn’t have to come at Earth’s expense.
Director of Communications
by Humankind is looking for a Director of Communications to lead our communications, public relations, and partnership efforts. This role will tell the by Humankind story through ongoing media coverage that builds awareness for our brand, products, and mission — to reduce single-use plastic in the products we use in our daily routines.
As a part of our small, but mighty team you will lead a number of important company initiatives related to our growth. You believe small changes ladder up to a big impact, and think in terms of solutions, not problems. This is an excellent opportunity to experience a fast-growing startup, while working directly with our founding team. This role is based in our offices in New York and reports to our CMO (currently remote, long-term in office).
- Brand communications strategy, messaging, media assets.
- Secure dedicated editorial & business profile coverage for by Humankind.
- Garner media coverage around significant company announcements (new products or categories, mission-milestones, partnerships, fundraising etc).
- Ongoing product placement, awards/recognition lists, speaking engagements, podcasts & other founder media opportunities (ie bylines, broadcast segments, commentary, executive profiles).
- Conduct all press-outreach (consumer, lifestyle, business, tech etc) and own media relations.
- Develop, execute, and promote brand partnerships, ranging from product collaborations, events, policy, and charitable partnerships.
- You have either 3+ years experience as an Account Executive for consumer brands at a PR agency or managing communications / PR efforts at a consumer brand (beauty & wellness preferred).
- You have a proven track record of developing and implementing a communications strategy for a consumer brand(s) and securing coverage that supports key business objectives.
- You are a critical thinker who can think strategically, but are also highly execution-oriented with a no task too small attitude.
- You have strong storytelling skills, both verbal and written.
- Love writing, proofreading (though maybe not as much), as well as research-based learning.
- You have a creative mindset, but also understand how to use data to improve your results.
- You have a passion for staying on top of relevant industry topics and incorporating them into interesting media narratives.
- You have a genuine interest in how brands target, acquire, and retain customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, vision, dental
- Full supply of personal care products
by Humankind is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Email your resume to email@example.com.